The Power of Desire
If you have been following this series, you have filled at least three pages in your Design a Life of World Impact notebook. To recap, you have done the following:
- Written down the one activity that, when you do it, you lose track of time. This is your passion.
- Written down what you’ve done in 2013 to invest in yourself and what you will do differently going into 2014 that will make the year(s) to come your best ever.
The third step builds on the first two. Once you know where your passions lie and have examined your past, you are ready to create new goals. These cannot just be small wishes or actions that evoke minimal emotions within you. Remember, the goal of this series of lessons is to create a legacy-building impact on a huge scale. So, you will need to think big. Let’s take a closer look at the details.
Step 3 – Set Big Harry Audacious Goals (BHAGs)
Your BHAGs must be a huge inspiration to you: Here’s why.
- All big goals are driven by a deep internal desire. The bigger the desire you’re able to build up, the more dedication you will have towards achieving the goal. Small internal desire will produce small dedication. This is not what we’re looking for.
- You simply won’t quit. When the personal pay off from a realized BHAG is big enough, it will give you the staying power needed when temporary set backs and frustrations tempt you to give up.
- You will attract the best and brightest around you to assist you. People get excited about larger-than-life goals – it’s just human nature. So be sure that your goal is large enough that others get inspired to play a role in its achievement. People want to work on things that are larger than themselves. Give them that opportunity!
In the weeks to come we will learn the final step of designing a life of world impact. Before proceeding, here’s a little bit of homework. Write down three really huge goals. These do not have to be things that you can accomplish immediately. They should, however, be in alignment with your passion(s). Leave some space under each one. After you have finished your list, go back and explain how life would change for you once you achieve them. What emotions would you experience?
If you have not done so already, be sure to sign up for complimentary access to the Wealth Triangle Warrior Community where you will find bonus videos and tips to help you overcome the 7 Deadly Shackles that most frequently hold us back from living in our truth! Some may look quite familiar, but now you can stare them in the face.
We Look Forward to Seeing You Next Week For Step 4
The following two tabs change content below.
Landon Taylor is Founder and Chief Vision Officer at Wealth Triangle Enterprises LLC. With over 25 years of high impact market, organization, and human development experience, Landon has developed a human development formula called the Wealth Triangle Principle. The Principle empowers performance-driven men and women to overcome the 7 Deadly Shackles and to catapult both their external performance and internal fulfillment in order to achieve “True Wealth.” Connect with Landon at www.WealthTriangle.com, www.Facebook.com/wealthtriangle or on Twitter@wealthtriangle
Leave a Comment with Facebook (or through this site, further below):